In the Press
Welcome to the Newsroom where users, journalists, developers, and other interested parties can review the latest information and news from the Piccolo2D community.
If you would like to receive our news releases by email - we can add you to our email distribution list. Sign up on the Piccolo2D Announcement mailing list. This list is used infrequently, less than once a month, for key announcements about new releases, new applications, etc.
Press coverage of Piccolo2D
- International Press (Nov 2002 onwards) - International Children's Digital Library application.
- "View With a Zoom: Browse and Zoom Digital Images in One Application" describes PhotoMesa on Sun's Java website (at archive.org) August 1, 2001.
- "Treemaps Bloom" describes PhotoMesa in Computerworld (at archive.org), July 2, 2001.
- "Software for the 4th Dimension" describes TimeSearcher in Computerworld (at archive.org), June 4, 2001.
- Jazz, KidPad and Fisheye menus in New Scientist magazine, August 12, 2000.
- "Zoomin' Ahead" Computerworld (at archive.org), June 26, 2000.
- Interview with Prof. Allison Druin
On her work with children's technology in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - June 20, 2000
- Once upon a time there was a hedgehog...
An article in the Swedish daily newspaper Dagens Nyheter about the work of Ben Bederson and Allison Druin with children by Kerstin Lundell, August 26, 1999.
- An interview with Ben Bederson by Sun Microsystems on their Java web site
"Face-to-Face" (at archive.org) (HTML)
by Jon Byous, September 23, 1999.
- HCIL, KidPad and Jazz Appeared on PBS: On Thursday, January 28, 1999, at 8pm, MPT presented a television segment entitled Maryland Sate of Mind. It highlights HCIL Professor Allison Druin's work with children.
- An article about the work of HCIL Professors Allison Druin and Ben Bederson about their work with children appeared in the Baltimore Sun on Monday, December 21, 1998.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education on April 4th, 1997,
"New Ways of Organizing Data Could Change Nature of Computers" (HTML)
by Jeffrey R. Young
- Nov'Art in February, 1997, a French Magazine sponsored by Art3000, a society devoted to integration of technology and art.
- The New York Times Online (CyberTimes) on October 23rd, 1996,
"Seeing the Forest of Knowledge for the Trees of Data" (HTML)
by Ashley Dunn
- The X Advisor, June 1995,
"Peripheral Visions: Zooming Through Information Space on Pad++" by Gary Welz
Postscript (256K), PDF (141K)